Why is Parent Involvement so Important?
The term parental involvement means the participation of parents in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning an other school activities, including and ensuring that:
- Parents play an integral role in assisting their child's learning.
- Parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child's education at school
- parents are full partners in their child's education and are included, when appropriate, ion decision making as well as being a part of the advisory committees to assist in the education of their child.
Be A LCES STAR!
Join Us In Sharing The Academic Responsibility (STAR) For Your Student at LCES!
As you take part in our school's various parent involvement events, such as our "Lions Talk" or have lunch with your child; volunteer on campus or help out with PTO, make sure you pick up your "Sharing The Academic Responsibility" STAR located in the front office. You will need to fill it out, return it to the office and we will give it to your student to place on our Activity Board along our main hallway. At the end of the school year, all of our STARs will be placed together and we will pull names for prizes donated by local businesses to reward our involved parents. Watch for information on "STAR" event opportunities at LCES and start collecting your STAR's soon!!
LCES/LCMS Parent Resource Center - Find games and activities to help improve your child's reading and math skills. Located in the Media Center
Parent's Guide to Understanding Title I
Daily Checklist For Parents:
- Check your child's planner
- Check your child's homework
- Ask your child about scheduled tests
- Read to your child (or have them read to you)
- Remind your child to review their math facts
- Ask your child to tell you something they learned in school today